Thursday, July 10, 2008

RotoExperts.com
By Wade Alberty

I have exciting news!
I am now a member of the RotoExperts.com staff!!!
As well, Mark Strausberg is also part of the staff!

What does this mean for TipsFromAHooker.com? As of right now that is still up in the air.

For now though, check out www.RotoExperts.com.

If you were a TalentedMrRoto.com reader, and enjoyed the forums and community there, you will love RotoExperts.com!
For one, a lot of staff members from TMR are at RotoExperts.com. Also the forums there are new, but they have more of a community feel like the TMR forums did. You can post questions and have real experts answer them in a timely manner!

It's a newer website, and there is going to be a lot of rapid growth!! Check it out!! www.RotoExperts.com

So now that I got that out of the way, here are Mark Strausberg's picks for this week!



Yahoo:
A: Woody Austin and Jerry Kelly
B: Perez, Byrd, Watson, Overton
C: Perry and Slocum

A little chalky for my tastes, but I like it.

ESPN: Perry (carryover, but um, duh!), Perez (he is so due and I like him against a weaker field), Merrick and Pettersson (the last two I seriously considered in Yahoo, but decided to use them here)

CBS: The 3 Ps-Perry, Perez, and Pettersson and then my two agressive plays: Todd Hamilton (I gotta have a local angle guy!) and Patrick Sheehan (made the cut all four times he has played the Deere, including a 7th place last year. Plus, he's coming off a T-12 last week where he kept it under par all four rounds)

PGA: (Before I tell you my picks, I have to say that even I was surprised that I'm ranked 110th! Granted, there's probably less than 25 K player and probably less than 10K that take it seriously. But that's still pretty darn good! Anyway, enough tooting my own horn...
Perry
Austin
Watson
Perez
Kelly
Merrick (although I was kind of tempted to go with Kuchar here to mix it up)

And because I went very chalky here (not only against my personal tastes, but I aslo try to go a little aggressive in the PGA game) I'll go with JP Hayes as my tiebreaker. Had a 2nd place here last year, has won it before, and has the course record. For a long shot, I like it....

No comments: