Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Northern Trust Open: Feb 14-17

Ok, I'm writing this week, and I'm on time, but as far as depth of content...well...that is going to be lacking.

Let me just say I'm still working on the site and my schedule, and I should soon have a better grip on things. I apologize if I'm a little light on content, but you just come here for the picks, right?

Speaking of picks, I'm currently ranked 120th overall in the ESPN Best Ball Challenge. If it weren't for one poor week, I would probably be in the top 50, if not higher.

Ok, enough tooting my own horn, let's get on to the picks!

ESPN Best Ball Challenge

My Picks

Rory Sabbatini – Rory has a nice history at Riviera.



Kevin Na – Na is my value pick for the week. He's at the point where he is either going to miss the cut or put up a top 10.

Mike Weir – Weir has won here twice. You've gotta like that after his strong finish last week.



Anthony Kim – Kim had a solid top 10 here last year, and he is playing better this year at this point!



Yahoo! Fantasy Golf
A Pool
My Picks

JB Holmes – He's hot, so I'm going to ride him!



Rory Sabbatini


B Pool
My Picks

Mike Weir



Anthony Kim



Jay Williamson – Jay is a local here in St. Louis, so I get to hear him on the radio every week or two. After a dismal season last year, it's good to see him playing well this season, but he is playing a lot better than that!



Retief Goosen – Goosen's first event of the year. Does he make a comeback this season? Well if he does it starts this week. I'll take a flyer on that!

C Pool
My Picks

Luke Donald – The C Pool has been a downfall for me this year, so I'm just going with a couple of names I like, thus Luke Donald.



Lee Westwood – Ditto for Westwood.



PGA Tour.com Salary Cap Cup
My Picks

Golfers


Salary
Rory Sabbatini

283750

Mike Weir


225250

JB Holmes


192750

Anthony Kim


186250

Kevin Na


101750

TOTAL


$989,750

PGATour.com Fantasy Pick'em

GROUP 1: Rory S.

GROUP 2: Vijay S.

GROUP 3: Kevin Na

GROUP 4: Mike Weir

GROUP 5: Charles Howell III

GROUP 6: Brandy Snedeker

Tie Breaker: R. Goosen.



Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Drop Wade a note at Southpaw@Southpaw32.com

No comments: