Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Arnold Palmer Invitational

***NOTE: Chez Reavie is not in the field this week, so I'm going with Corey Pavin in his place in the ESPN game.***

I’ve already had a 12 hour work day, so needless to say, I don’t really have the time or energy to do a bigger write up. So, here are the basics. Tiger is back. So pick him and whoever you think will win second. Simple enough right?

Speaking of second, I’m not sure if you have noticed but the Hooker has picked the second place finisher each of the past three weeks! Granted, my “bottom of the order” guys haven’t been so hot, but that’s going to change this week!

ESPN Best Ball Challenge
My Picks

Tiger Woods – If I need to justify this, then we need to have a talk behind the wood shed.

ViJay Singh – He’s the defending champ, and I like the way he has been playing.

Chez Reavie – It’s a “Studs and Duds” week, and Chez’s name really is sticking out to me when I look over the bargain bin.

D.A. Points – He’s had two top 10s so far on the Nation Wide Tour and one top 25 on the PGA. For the price he could be a lot of bang for the buck.


Yahoo! Fantasy Golf
A Pool

Tiger Woods

Vijay Singh

B Pool

Stephen Ames – In eight tries here he’s been in the top 10 half the time. I like those odds.

Sean O’Hair – Was last week the start of a hot streak? I’m willing to ante-up to find out.

John Senden – Senden is another top finisher from last week. I figure if I throw enough against the wall one will stick, right?

Ryuji Imada – Besides having a nice showing last week, I like the way Imada is playing.

C Pool

Luke Donald – I think this is a no brainer pick.

Kenny Perry – You can’t argue with the way he has been playing!



CBS Sportsline.com Salary Cap Cup

My Picks

Golfers Salary

Tiger Woods 30000

Vijay Singh 290250

Stephen Ames 251250

Matt Jones 75000

Corey Pavin 75000

TOTAL $991,500

I’m changing things up here slightly. Jones and Pavin are both on my radar, so I figured I would give them a run. Pavin has had good success here over the years, and Jones is yet to miss a cut.


PGA Tour.com’s Pick’em

Tiger Woods

Vijay Singh

Troy Matteson

Kenny Perry

Brandt Snedeker

Matt Jones

Tie Breaker: Carl Pettersson


Wade “Southpaw” Alberty was a regular columnist for TalentedMrRoto.com, writing about both golf and baseball, while constantly partoling the forums, and he has also written for ESPN.com. Wade is a lifetime golfer and has worked in the golf industry and played intercollegiate golf. He can help you set your weekly lineup, fix your swing, tweak your short game and tell you what clubs to buy. When he isn't playing fantasy sports, you can find Wade hacking up the links in St. Louis or anxiously awaiting outside the Busch Stadium as his Cardinals get ready for another season.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Drop Wade a note at Southpaw@Southpaw32.com

No comments: