Tuesday, March 4, 2008

PODS Championship

I'm not sure if you have noticed but the Hooker has had a nice little run. Two weeks ago I picked the second and third place finishers. Then last week I topped that taking the second and first place finishers.
It seems there isn't much room for improvement this week. I guess the only thing I can do is add another golfer to the mix. So we'll shoot for three top 5 finishers this week at the PODS Championship.

ESPN Best Ball Challenge

My Picks

Ernie Els - He treated me well last week, so let's if he can keep the run alive.

J.B. Holmes - I like Holmes this week, and at this price he is a must.

Stewart Cink - Cink is playing some good golf this season, and he has had some decent success here in the past.

Ryuji Imada - Imada has had a nice season so far, and in two tries here he has a 13th place finish, though he missed the cut last year.




Yahoo! Fantasy Golf
A Pool
My Picks

Ernie Els



Mark Calcavecchia – He's the defending champ and is coming off a great tournament last week.


B Pool
My Picks

Stuart Appleby – I've always liked Appleby, so it's nice to see him playing good again this season.



Ryuji Imada



Stewart Cink



Lucas Glover – Glover had a nice finish here last year, and has been solid here in years past. He's been making cuts this season and has the potential to make a solid run.

C Pool
My Picks

Kenny Perry – Besides playing some nice golf this season, Perry seems to love this event.



Joe Durant – Durant is feast or famine at this event, posting three top 10s in six tries and missing the cut twice.



CBS Sportsline Salary Cap Cup

Ernie Els
Mark Calcavecchia
Corey Pavin
Steve Sticker
Steven Marino

For the price, I love Pavin and Marino, and I figured I would throw Stricker out there, because as you probably know I'm a big fan.

PGA Tour.com Fantasy Pick'em

Steve Stricker

Ernie Els

Stuart Appleby

Kenny Perry

Mark Calcavecchia

Matt Jones

Tie breaker: Charles Howell III

These picks almost matched up perfectly with my previous picks. The Jones pick was due to the fact he is 6 for 6 in cuts and has four top 25s.



Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Drop Wade a note at Southpaw@Southpaw32.com

No comments: