Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bob Hope Chrysler Classic 1/16 - 1/20

**EDITOR'S NOTE: I'm still trying to find the best way to compose and publish this blog. I'm struggling right now with getting different formats/programs to play nice together, so I apologize if things look a bit out of wack. I am trying to get this out ASAP due to the Wed start!**

We won't speak of last week. It wasn't the best week for the Hooker, then again it wasn't that bad.

This week is the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic at the Bermuda Dunes Country Club, Bermuda Dunes, CA.

This is a FIVE-day event, with the first round starting on WEDNESDAY, so get your picks in EARLY!!!

Besides being five days, this is also a pro-am, so you will get to see a lot of familiar faces the first couple of days. With the extra day and the amateurs playing alongside, many pros are not a fan of this event and the potential distractions. Because of that I strongly recommend looking at a players history at this event!

I'm short on time this week, so enough talk...



ESPN Best Ball Challenge

My Picks

Chad Campbell – He's off to a nice start this season, and he won this event in 2006.

Scott Verplank – Verplank always seems to play well at this event, showing that the distractions don't bug him. After his great season last year I think he is a solid play this week.

Stewart Cink – This is Cink's first event of the season, so a bit of a gamble, but I think he is one of the "biggest" names at this event, so I'll give him a go.

Anthony Kim – He had a decent showing here last year, well before he went on his hot streak. What will 2008 bring for the young Mr. Kim? I don't know, but I'm anxious to find out!




Yahoo! Fantasy Golf
A Pool

My Picks

Kevin Na – I like the young Na, and have for the last couple of seasons. He's still young and still shows a lot of promise. He also seems to be streaky, and with a solid finish last week I'm hoping this is the upswing of a nice streak.

Scott Verplank


B Pool
My Picks

Chad Campbell

Stewart Cink

Anthony Kim

Daniel Chopra – As I said before Chopra seems to be a streaky golfer, and with his good play the first two weeks, I'm going to use him again.


C Pool

My Picks

Steve Marino – Marino had a strong showing last week, though his 4th round was disappointing. Regardless I'm going to ride him again.

John Rollins – He placed second here last year. That's good enough for me.



CBSSports.com Fantasy Golf Challenge
My Picks


Golfers
Salary

Scott Verplank
296750

Kevin Na
75000

Anthony Kim
91000

Chad Campbell
241500

Mike Weir
287000

TOTAL
$991,250

I was just $4000 shy of being able to afford Cink, so I took Weir instead. Na and Kim are great value!



PGATour.com Fantasy Pick'em

GROUP 1
Scott Verplank

GROUP 2
Boo Weekley

GROUP 3
John Rollins

GROUP 4
Anthony Kim

GROUP 5
Chad Campbell

GROUP 6
Troy Matteson

TIE BREAKER
Kevin Na

Not many surprises here I am sure. Weekley missed the cut last week, but I think the kid will bounce back. Matteson has looked good so far, so I'll give him a go as well.



Wade "Southpaw" Alberty is a lifetime golfer. He's worked in the golf industry and played intercollegiate golf. He can help you set your weekly lineup, fix your swing, tweak your short game and tell you what clubs to buy. He also knows a little bit about fantasy baseball.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Drop Wade a note at Southpaw@Southpaw32.com

No comments: